I am excited to get my creativity going to celebrate the anniversary of Sofilantjes! I have used her patterns several times here on my blog.
So when Anne said she would love to have hacks and mash ups, I had something else in mind. Life happened and I had to switch gears, but I have a fun hack perfect for summer weather that you can do.
I love the look and comfort of the Brueram Top & Dress. Originally I had a swim suit in mind, but that will have to come later. This time, I am going to show you an easy and fast romper hack. At least I hope it is!
Oh, and don’t forget to see who is lurking in my post somewhere.
For my size 5, it took 1 1/2 yards including the lining pieces.
1. Cut your bodice pieces as the pattern states.
2. Then you will cut the width of the maxi skirt to your desired short length. For my short bubble style, I cut it 12 inches long.
3. Fold the bottom pieces in half so that the short ends touch.
4. Measure 3 inches up and 2 inches across.
5. Cut a rounded piece to create the crotch shape.
6. Put your romper together as the tutorial states. After seaming your side seams, flip your romper inside out so the pieces are right sides together and sew the crotch pieces together leaving the leg openings open.
7. Measure the elastic around the thigh and cut 2 of that length for leg elastic.
8. Press the legs 1/4 inch, then press again 1/2 inch towards the wrong side of the fabric. This will create your casings.
9. Sew the casings leaving a 2 inch opening to feed the elastic through.
10. Sew elastic in loop, making sure not to twist it. Sew opening in casing closed.
The end! You now have an easy Brueram bubble romper.
I love how it turned out. If you want a more polished look, you can attach a trusted short pattern. And the elastic back and placement of my straps make it easy to get on and off!
Also, don’t forget about all the prizes you can enter to win. Be sure to enter the rafflecopter and here is a special thank you to all the sponsors who have made this tour so fun and successful!
We all love sales! Use the code ” CELEBRATE ” through May 29th to get 25% off patterns on the website.
Of course, the scavenger hunt. Every post has something that doesn’t belong so pay attention so you can win some prizes!!!
From a Box – Paisley Roots – Pattern Revolution – SewSophieLynn – Beri Bee Designs – Sprouting Jube Jube – Coral and Co. – Create 3.5 – Jennifer for Sofilantjes – Bellevi – Vaahtokarkkimonsteri – Sew Journers – Inspinration – MoonStar – Lucky Mie – Nononsonsmoms – Pienkel – Tales of a Tester – Adventures with Bubba and Bug – All things Katy – Candice Ayala – Rebel and Malice – Liesellove
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial!
Thanks for stopping by and stay rebellious!